Blog 2.7 Upcycling Window
Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog! I hope I haven’t put y’all through too much boredom these last couple weeks. Let me tell you, I’m excited to be done with that chair! This week I upcycled an old window. I’ve had these at my house since I moved in about 10 years ago and I was scrolling through Pinterest and on safari and found that I could upcycle those! The idea that I had was to make a planter at the bottom like this photo below.
This project actually was not on my action plan, but I figured that I needed more practice at cutting angles than welding, so I switched to this window. First, I sanded the window and then taped the inside.
After I taped it, I painted the wood white. Although I like the “rustic look” I thought that the white would look better. This is what it looked like after I painted it:
I was going to paint flowers on the window, but I decided that would be too much to look at because there will be flowers on the bed already. I felt that it would just be too “busy”. After I painted, I measured out my wood and cut them. Then I screwed everything together with the help of Jenna and my mom. My mom really helped with this project. She taught me how I should tell what angle to cut and where to screw the wood in since this was glass. I really enjoyed making this. I even have some extra windows at home that I could do again! Here are some photos:
Hahah peep me in the reflection😂 and Jenna’s arm
All in all, I really enjoyed this project. It is definitely my favorite one that I have worked on. I can’t wait to finally start putting actual flowers in all of these projects! Come back next week and hopefully watch me upcycle a wooden wire spool!
Very interesting Natalie! I think this is a cute idea and will turn out to be good with the flowers on it. What has been your favorite project so far?
ReplyDelete