Blog 2.6
Hey guys welcome back! These last couple weeks have been a bit stressful, but hopefully things will start to slow down so I find more time to do my genius hours. This week I was suppose upcycle a wire spool into a planter. This is the project I am most excited for, but I cannot find a good spool that is intact enough. So I will keep looking because I really want to do it! But instead of that, this week I decided I should attempt again at the chair. I used some of the wood from my house that I used when building our fence. This wood was so much easier to work with than the wood that I had last week. Though this looks like a simple project, it was difficult for me. I am still learning how to cut angles. The base of the chair that I used was more of a trapezoid than a square, so I had to cut angles in the wood to make sure it lined up perfectly. This was very difficult, but with the help from Mr. Rehbein I was able to get the right angles. I did not like the look of the chair afterwards, but I believe that when I put flowers in the planter that it will look so much better!
Natalie it's so cool to see you dedicating your time to these projects! Where have you been finding the items your upcycling?
ReplyDeleteGood progress! Is it hard learning the angles while also trying to finish your projects? How are you managing your time to do your projects?
ReplyDelete