Blog 2.5
Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog! So my projects have been all wacked up. I have such a hard time finding the objects I need to upcycle ♻️, so I decided to skip to something that I do have. I decided to upcycle an old chair that I had around my house. I thought this project was going to be super easy because all I had to do was make a barrier on the seat of the chair, but I was wrong. I had a hard time with the wood that I was using because it was dry, so it would keep cracking when I was screwing the screw in. This created an obstacle for me. I predrilled a hole in a diagonal in hopes that when I screwed the screw in, the wood would not crack. Well, it was the thought that counted right. Every single piece of wood that I tried to use cracked. This had me very frustrated because I didn’t know what I was doing wrong to allow this to happen. I could’ve have just let it crack and then make a mixture of wood glue and sawdust to fill in the cracks, but I would not have satisfied with how it would have looked. I decided to just let this project be because, even thought it has been my most simplest project, it was actually hard. I learned that I need to do this kind of project with more moist wood instead of dry wood. I will use what I learned from this week into my other projects if I use wood.
Comments
Post a Comment