Blog 2.2 Upcycle Birdhouse
Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog! This week, I upcycled an old birdhouse that my brother made over 10 years ago and made it into a planter birdhouse. This process was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I thought I could just cut the wood straight on, but after I did that, I then realize that I had to cut the wood straight down so the container would fit. First, I had to measure out the center of the top and measure around where the container would sit. Then I cut the section out that I measured. Then I had to sand the hole because my container would not fit. When I got done sanding the hole, I started sanding the actual birdhouse and scrape the paint off that was previously on there. Then, I painted the birdhouse purple and because I am not able to plant any flowers due to the weather, I just grabbed some weeds from the Farmshop Greenhouse and stuck them in the container. I would say that I definately learned a lot this week even though this project is one of the most simplest on my action plan. It was a good start to all of my projects! Come back next week to see me upcycle a tire!



This looks so cool Natalie! When the time for flowers does come, what type do you think you'll put in the bird house?
ReplyDelete