Blog 1.3
This week Jerzey and I focused a lot on laying down and staying. On all of our walks I commanded him to lay down at every intersection. When we get certified, he is going to have to lay down most of the time in a calmly manner. He still does get very anxious though when he lays down. After a while, he stops whining. This will be something we work on for the next six weeks.
Jerzey and I also worked on sit, stay, and come. We worked on this in my backyard most of the time and some of the time on our walks. In my backyard, I would command him to lay down and stay and then I would walk away until he could not see me. Then I would command him to come. This was difficult for him some days, but the more we practiced the easier it was for him.
This week I also tried walking him without the training collar. I walked him on his regular collar a couple of times to see if what I have been training him has set in. At first, he would pull on his leash, but the further we walked, the less he pulled. I also noticed that he wasn't as anxious passing other dogs with his regular collar. I haven't researched as to why this happened. I do believe it has to do with the pressure around his neck.
Jerzey and I have had a pretty productive week. I'm excited to keep going with teaching Jerzey. It is cool to see the progress we make.
Jerzey is one handsome guy! Do you take him on walks daily and train him as you walk? I find it amazing how smart dogs are and their willingness to learn! When the weather gets chilly are you going to have to train him inside?
ReplyDelete